Chersti Nieveen has been a freelance editor for over 12 years. She has experience editing for two New York Times Bestselling authors. She is mentioned in over a dozen acknowledgements, including Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn.
- personal assistant for a New York Times bestselling author for over 5 years
- graduated with a BA in English with a minor in editing
- worked as an acquisitions editors for a traditional publishing house
- guest presenter and lecturer at various writing conferences and college/high school classes since 2008
- organized over 6 writing conferences
- edited 100+ fiction and non-fiction manuscripts
- handled marketing strategies and helped define author brands
- worked with various New York editors, book publicists, agents, and traditionally published authors to gain a unique behind-the-scenes look at the publishing world
Chersti has a select client list full of indie and traditionally published clients. While she has a special emphasis on fantasy, science fiction, and young adult manuscripts, she has worked extensively on non-fiction projects as well as adult titles. Right now, she does limited work with middle grade and picture book titles.